Airsoft guns capable of full auto firing or those that resemble a sub-machine gun/machine pistol are never allowed in Australia. Otherwise, importation requires the B709 Importation of Firearms Police Confirmation and Certification Form. Also note that:
- Airsoft is regulated in New South Wales as firearms.
- Airsoft is not permitted in Victoria. Also not in Queensland.
- In South Australia, airsoft guns with a muzzle velocity of less than 175 ft/s are regulated imitation firearms that are under certain licensing and storage requirements.
- In Western Australia they are not allowed at all.
- In Northern Territory, airsoft is legal if you get the proper firearm licence for it.
- In the Australian Capital Territory, all airsoft guns that resemble semiautomatic or automatic military rifles or shotguns adapted for military purpose are considered prohibited weapons.
- In Tasmania, the airsoft sport is currently banned.